lecone calorimeterwas developed by V. Babrauskas and others of NIST in the United States in 1980s. After more than 30-years development,the cone calorimeter has became one of most important instrument used to study the fire behavior of small samples of various materials in condensed phase.It is widely used in the field of Fire Safety Engineering.The cone is based on oxygen comsumption principle during material combustion. The amount of heat a material generates is directly aligned with the severity of a fire, such as fire growth rate.
In order to access the material flammability, it is exposed to an external radiant heat source. Therefore, since this is a forced combustion test, the cone values are most often thought to reflect flammability of a second item ignited.
- Cone Calorimeter with movable analysis cabinet, could be connected with a large heat release rate test system such as ISO 9705, EN 13823 etc., complies with ISO 5660, ASTM E1354, BS 476-15 etc. testing standards.
- Integrated test body and 19 in. analysis cabinet, equipped 15 in. touch screen PC, for the whole control and automatic testing.
- Conical heater rated power 5000W, the heat output of 0-100kW/m2, using PID temperature controller, while the radiation cone could be horizontal or vertical.
- Exposed to the central part of the surface of the sample 50 x 50mm range, radiation at the center of the deviation is not more than 2%.
- The sample weighing range 0-3000g, accuracy: 0.1g.
- Auto Split Shutter automatically opened to transmit radiation to the sample.
- ABB EL3020 / SEVOMEX 4100 paramagnetic oxygen analyzer, using the method of paramagnetic change to measure the concentration of oxygen in the gas. Concentration range of 0-25%.
- Smoke density analysis using laser system, the system consists of a 0.5mW He-Ne laser, the main detector and auxiliary detector.
- The exhaust system consists of the fan, the smoke collection cover, the exhaust pipe and orifice plate flow meter and so on. Exhaust fan flow rate of 0 ~ 50g/s, accuracy 0.1g/s.
- Ring sampler have been installed from the smoke collecting hood at 685 mm, with 12 holes.
- The exhaust flow rate should be determined by measuring the pressure difference on both sides of the sharp edge orifice 350 mm above the fan, the inner diameter of the sharp edge orifice plate is 57mm.
- Portable water cooling system without need for waterworks and plumbing when using the Heat Flux meter (for ISO 5660).
- The data acquisition system be able to record oxygen analyzer, orifice meter, thermocouple and other instruments of the output.
- Model No.: CCT
- Dimensions: Approx. 1800mm(W) × 900mm(H) × 2600mm(D)
- Weight: Approx. 350kg
- Voltage: AC 220V 50Hz 50A
- User Manual: Available.
- Gas Supply: Methane, purity not less than 99.5%; Nitrogen, purity not less than 99.9%; Calibration gas of CO/CO2, typical with 0.80% CO, 8.0%CO2
- Others: Compressed Air (6bar).
Download PDF Datasheet